Sunday, June 21, 2015

What is the best credit card for earning airline miles?

best credit card for earning airline miles















I am a million mile flyer on United so I tend to fly them nearly exclusively, as they treat me pretty well, and I carry the Mileage Plus Club card from Chase. It has a relatively high annual fee ($395) because it includes a membership to the United Clubs (formerly known as Red Carpet Clubs) at major airports (which would cost about $500 normally), and allows me to bring in up to three guests every time. 

It also comes with two free checked bags on every flight notwithstanding your status with the airline, provided that you buy your ticket with the card. This came in very handy for me last year, when for family reasons I didn't hit my normal 50,000 mile threshold. 

It offers 1.5 miles per dollar on most purchases, 2 miles per dollar on United airline tickets, and no foreign transaction fees when you travel outside the US, and I see from looking at the website that it also confers Platinum status in the Hyatt loyalty program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement